Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Editor Jonny Elwyn Does Us All A Solid

Launching a Final Cut Pro X blog while in the midst of editing a feature in Final Cut Pro X is... well... a bit more of a challenge than I thought. That's not true: I knew it would be a challenge and my time to write thoughtful commentary regarding FCPX and our workflow would be tight, but I ventured forth anyway. But boy, has it been tight.

So in between my longer, more project specific posts I will, from time to time, share shorter pieces to give the two or three of you who may have placed this blog in your RSS reader of choice something chew on or explore outside of what I'm bringing to the FCPX table.

To reiterate, this blog was never meant to become a home for tutorials on how to use FCPX technically. I will get into some of that, yes, but if you are new to FCPX and looking for that type of resource, or if you have already dived into FCPX but still need some advice to help you shortcut a technical headache, a good place to start may be London-based editor's recent, aptly titled blog post:




When I decided to give FCPX a serious go, I furiously bookmarked links across the web that I continuously return to or share with other editors who are dipping their toes in the magnetic timeline. I'm not surprised to find I wasn't the only one with this habit. From Jonny's blog post:


In order to gather the best of the web for post on this blog I often store away links ready to be curated into a specific post. Lately I’ve collected so many links for Final Cut Pro X that I’ve decided to group them all together into a long list of how-to tutorials and resources.

What I like best about his post is that he has categorized his links so you can choose which ones to check out depending on what stage of learning FCPX you're on. If you are starting out, begin with the first two links about organization. From there you'll find editing tips, multi-cam editng, changing metadata views, audio editing, and troubleshooting FCPX.

Again, read (and bookmark) Jonny Elwyn's post here - "FCPX - Tons of Resources." And thanks again to Jonny for his due diligence. I'll be posting resource links on this blog soon (though nothing a good old fashion Google search won't take care of; that's how have done all my training so far!).


Follow Jonny on Twitter!

If you're really tight on time, you can also start with a video like this:





No comments:

Post a Comment